2. Your data
3. What are your data protection rights?
1. IntroductionThe Centre of Excellence in Energetic Materials (CoEEM) supports a community of professionals via the provision of the CoEEM portal (https://www.coeem.org). The portal is run by Cranfield University in on behalf of CoEEM, at the School of Defence and Security, based at the Defence Academy Shrivenham.
The Centre of Excellence in Energetic Materials (CoEEM) is a UK Government-driven initiative to pull together and champion essential national capability in energetic materials. It aims to draw on UK-wide organisations, facilities, and academic centres to provide coordinated research, training, test & evaluation and knowledge exchange.
2. Your dataProtecting your personal data and privacy is important to us. When registering for membership of CoEEM we collect the personal ‘business card’ data supplied by you or your employer. We use it to create your account and to manage your access to CoEEM. By submitting your application you acknowledge that this information is contractually necessary to vet you as a member and for the subsequent delivery of CoEEM services to you.
Once registered as a member you will be invited to fill in your SQEP profile, configure your communication preferences and interact on the site with other members. We will use this information to improve the service for our members, to share relevant information and opportunities and with you. Engaging with the service in this way also contributes to the wider aim of CoEEM in mapping essential capability in energetic materials in the UK.
The profile area with the service gives you access to the information we hold on you. You are able to view and amend your communication preferences, hub memberships, personal details and SQEP profile within this area.
The value to the members of this service is to offer a secure portal where like-minded professionals are able to interact, discuss topics of interest, and seek out appropriate facilities or expertise in their fields of interest.
To improve the service CoEEM may use anonymised sets of member’s data to identify trends, the need for enhanced investment, training, research and development within strategic areas. You may choose to opt out of your data being used in this way by amending your preferences. However, in doing so the long term benefit of the portal to you and other members may diminish. Using anonymised data in this way allows us to develop the portal in line with your needs and those of the community.
3. What are your data protection rights?We would like to make sure you are aware of your following data protection rights. Every member is entitled to the following.
- The right to access – The profile area within the CoEEM service is the simplest way to access the personal data we have collected about you. Within this area you have will be able to copy, view, amend and update your personal information within CoEEM. Or if you wish to you have the right to request CoEEM supplies copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – Within the profile area of CoEEM you can view, update and amend the personal information we hold on you. You can make amendments to this information yourself. Alternatively, you can request that CoEEM correct information you believe to be inaccurate or to complete information you believe to be incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CoEEM erases your personal data, under certain conditions. If you leave the initiative, or choose to close your account, your personal details will be removed from the service and archived within 6 months.
- The right to restricted processing – You have the right to request that CoEEM restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to reject to CoEEM’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – If you leave your current employment and join a new CoEEM member organisation you can request for your account to be ported to your new organisation. You also have the right to request that we supply this information direct to you.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to contact us regarding any of your rights you can do so in the following ways:
Data Protection Officer
Last revision date: 23/01/2024.